Thursday, April 20, 2006

A bit of Tsubi in everyone

Americans own big movies, Asians own electronic gadgets and Australians own Tsubi jeans. It's so common the meaning of 'common' is inadequate in defining the degree of common in 'common'. It's impossible to walk around Melbourne CBD without spotting tens, if not hundreds of those jeans. They are like temptations-in-motion. They are like chocolates from Max Brenner - you can only say no for x number of times before you start flagging up your white g-string and declare, quoting supermodel Carmen Kaas, 'I can't resist temptation'.

Information about Tsubi: 'The Founders of Tsubi are Gareth Moody, Dan Single and George Garrow... had no previous fashion design experience... [but soon they were asked] to show [their clothes] at Mercedes Fashion Week in May 2001, where they controversially released 169 live rats onto the catwalk.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsubi. I wonder if that means the 169 rats were wearing their clothes or what.

Note to my dictionary: Tsubi 1. adj be successful without trying (example: I want to be a Tsubi when I grow up), 2. adj naughty and controversial (example: Paris Hilton is one Tsubi bitch).

I got this Tsubi (the brand) overall a month ago and I haven't wear it once. Overalls are hard to wear! I keep having the image of some jealous racist cunt who will pull on one of the stripes and make my pants fall off or make me fall on my bum on the street.

Tsubi jeans are big, huge and gigantic! Even Nicole Richie owns a pair. I made up my mind this morning to get this washout Tsubi jeans, and I rushed to the nearest General Pants to get it. I asked the salesperson to get me my size (I saw a 30" but I wanted a 32") and after 20 minutes, he said they have 5 in the store but he couldn't find any of them! I was piss... no, in fact... I was more than piss... I was PISSER! In any event, he was very apologetic. Plus I think they get commission off each sale so I don't think me being an Asian has anything to do with it. Oh, did I mention he is an Asian too? I then dialled into my shopping-dar and straight to GPO I went. Any of you who can't find the size you want in other shops, FAT at GPO has most sizes for Tsubi jeans but they cost around $10 more.

I'd like to use all the fashion jargons and start describing all the positive features of the jeans the way the judges in Project Runway/Catwalk do but I only know how to say 'It's nice' and 'I like it'. Ummm ultimately I got a 30"one.

After weeks of hell and suffering, I've finally finished all three of my research assignments (forth one is due at the end of the semester). What have I learned from them? I don't know. If you ask me what do I think about regulating the cyberspace, I would reply 'What do you think?'. If you ask what's my opinion on holding directors personally liable in tort, I would say 'I want to be a Tsubi when I grow up'. All I know is that, now I can start enjoying the rest of my mid-term break.

Pop quiz:

#1 Does the age of a person define his or her maturity? I think not. Life experience, on the other hand, does. For instance, it is likely that a 15 year-old prostitute would value the importance of money more in comparison a 15 year-old plain rich whore. All 'age' does is to give a person the permission to be immature. You might look cute fighting over a toy at 5 and you will just look like a creepy little old man doing that when you are 50.

#2 Who can say you are beautiful? Anyone but yourself.

#3 Who is Austin Scalett's (Project Runway Season One) twin brother? Carson from Queer Eye for a Straight Guy.

To look at Austin's photo, go to http://www.austinscarlett.com/index.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home