Monday, May 08, 2006

When I was 13

Last Friday, my friend Samuel Hwang (right) invited me to go to a gathering arranged by Melbourne Uni's Japanese Club. It was 2-3 years since I last met up with Samuel. For those who didn't know, I was a part-time mute for a year and four months when I first arrived in Melbourne. I talked at home but not at school. I still don't know why I didn't talk about I think it had something to do with my mom having her friends telling me how Australians hate Asians, to try to convince me not to come to study in Australia. It was interesting though. I had some friends who would invite me to their houses and, we wouldn't talk and just play video games. Some thought that I was in some weird cult shit, and some just thought I was plainly weird.

Samuel was the first person I talked to in Year 9. We were in the Maths class and I asked if I could borrow his calculator. From then on, I talk and I talk and I don't know how to stop.

After the gathering, I went to Johan's 21st birthday party. Theme: Masquerade. Some 30+ people attended. There were all sort of people there - straight and 'curly', tall and short, fat and thin, white and yellow, and ugly and me. There were some finger food and countless bottle of champagnes. I arrived at his place around 11pm and stayed until the party ended at 3am. It was quite fun. I'll post some pictures from the party later when I got them from my friend.

On Saturday night, surprise surprise... I went clubbing again! I had a few drinks, the club wasn't pack but all my friends were there and I stayed till so late I'd to sleep for 13+ hours on Sunday to recover. I hate wasting my weekend sleeping! You've probably realised by now, the day after I went clubbing, I always promise you, God and myself that I will stop clubbing. Somehow when the weekend arrives, I sort of 'forget' what I promised. I think that if I were to stay home on a Saturday night, I'd probably bore my ass off doing nothing. So why not go out and have fun? Anyhow, this weekend I will really really try to stay home, or at least not go clubbing.

Quiz me, pop quiz

1# How is Martina Hingis? She lost to Venus Williams in a tight 3 setter in the 2nd Round last week. This week she is playing in the German Open and once again, the section of the draw she's in looks pretty tough. Mauresmo, Henin-Hardenne, Dementiava and Kuznetsova are all in that section.

2# Remember my blog on Tsubi? Here's Selma Blair wearing Tsubi, and love that white sunglasses on the table.


Photo from www.celebworld.org

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY! Fun is not fun where there are restrictions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"straight and 'curly', tall and short, fat and thin, white and yellow, and ugly and me" - u used "DICHOTOMY" to describe and when u said 'ugly and me'...it means ugly and im handsome' is that what you wanted to say? hahaha and i hope we don't bump into each other in clubs that we will secretly go out without telling each other

12:53 AM  
Blogger John Ng said...

tmy: Yeah! That's exactly what I wanted to say hahaha but only kidding. I won't club this week even if my life depends on it! Unless... no no no unless!

Dobkun: I know what you mean, but if I have to control and behave myself, doesn't that go against my motto of 'fun is not fun where there are restrictions'?

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home