Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Beep! beep! beep! #2

News from Malaysia

Photo from MX May, 3, 2006. Love is blind indeed. Malaysian man Muhamad Noor Che Musa made the front page of today's MX, for marrying Wook Kundor. He is 33 years old and she is 104, and it wasn't one of those Anna Nicole Smith marriage because she is actually poor. I hope they have enough money to get KY though. Is that mean? Nah ~

Another funny news. A housewife in Kuala Lumpur was convinced that she was possessed by evils spirits by a medium, named Chong who claimed to be Jiu Huang Ye (Ninth Emperor of the Kingdom of God). He told her that the only way to get rid of them was to have sex with him. She slept with him 51 times and paid him RM20-50 per session. Not funny? Get this - he then convinced her to move close to him and later he MOVED IN with her and her family. Her husband found out later about the scam when he saw his wife taking contraceptive pills. HAHAHA ~ so funny.

Entertainment

Scarlett Johansson is getting creative with the infamous, get-the-fuck-out-of-my-face 'block'. This was what she used to do:

And this is what she does now:

The sign reads: 'I'm harrassed by the person taking this picture'. Photos from http://www.celebworld.org

Fashion

Photo from Adrants. Kate Moss is back and she is bigger than big. She has just finished a gig with Calvin Klein and has signed with Nikon to promote the new Coolpix S6 camera ranges. I am not really a camera person but I want this because she probably has one of those cameras now. And here's a picture of Miss Moss at the recent Costume Institute Party, looking classy, sophisticated and sexy as usual:

Photo from Style.

Opinion

What is the best type of self-defence? Karate? Taekwando? 'Run away as fast as you can' - I say! While I was running on the treadmill at the gym today, I saw my ex-personal trainer, Ernie, teaching this other personal trainer kickboxing. I felt the urge to arrange some private lessons with him to learn some kickboxing because you never know when it might come in handy. And then I thought, if I fight in self-defence, there is a chance of me losing and end up getting hurt. But if I run away, the possibility of 'losing' and/or 'hurting' is then greatly diminished. Label me a coward if you want, but 'running away' makes more sense to me.

Weather

Photo from Australian Severe Weather. Melbournians dress for the seasons instead of for the weather, and let me explain why. I woke up this morning, checked the weather broadcast online, which said 9-16 degrees and cloudy, and so I put one of my thick jumpers before I go to uni. When I got out of my apartment building, the summer sun was hanging right above of me. Just as I alighted from the train, I could feel the autumn breeze in my face. Before long, the entire sky was covered with dark winter clouds and the temperature was beginning to drop. Now, the sun is out with mild breeze like spring time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home