Monday, May 01, 2006

Cut my hair... please

After six weeks since my last haircut, I went to have my haircut today. I didn't want to go back to Katsu or Taka, so I thought I'd go to Toni & Guy in Melbourne Central. I asked the lady there to book me a time for today and she said they were booked out. I looked around, expecting to see busy hairdressers running around and hear people chitchating over the noise from hairdyers. Instead, all I saw were two people working in this not-small saloon. No wonder they were booked out ~ HA!

I then walked to Geisha, which I used to go regularly 2-3 years ago before they started changing their hairdressers over and over again. When I got there, I found out that they close on Monday. Reluctant to go back to one of those hair saloons in Chinatown, I walked along Bourke Street and decided to go to Renaissance Hairdressing in Tivoli Arcade. The haircut was better than I expected! This saloon is definitely in my 'My Favourite Hair Saloon' list now. This is how I judge whether a hairdresser is good or bad:

  1. When you say, 'I want a trim', the hairdresser starts giving you suggestions and uses pictures to illustrate what s/he intends to do.
  2. S/he does not forget about tidying up your side-burns at the end!
  3. S/he does not talk to you.

I was going to ask the hairdresser her name, but that would just look like I was interested in her, which I don't, so I didn't bother. I think all of the female hairdressers there are Japaneses with one male hairdresser from Hong Kong. The price is reasonable - $45 for mens cut - when you compare it with other places, i.e. - Katsu ($50), Taka ($55), Toni & Guy ($75-100) and Geisha (around $70).

Martina Hingis is beginning her clay season at the J&S Cup this week and I think she is probably in the worse section of the draw. She will surely trash Maria Kirilenko in the First Round, but she is likely to face Venus Williams in the Second Round. Even if she beat Venus, she will have to play against Svetlana Kuznetsova in the Quarterfinals. If she could get through those two tough rounds, I think she will have an easy Semi-finals and if she gets through all those rounds, she will most probably play Kim Clijster for the title.

Photo from Nudie website. I want this! I want this! I want this. It's by Nudie Jeans, called Thin Finn in Black Black. I think it's around $300 at David Jones. Umm it sure is nice, but with my abnormally big upper body... I am not sure. Plus with my height, I'll probably have to fold the jeans until the end of it actually reaches my knee or something. I am banning 'Lengzai' from commenting on my blog! If it's not a compliment you have to give, keep it to yourself - you Bitch of the Bitches! I know who you are and I know where you live (kind of)!

I have something to say! I guess from my 'haircut experience' today, I learned that sometimes you might not get what you want, but in the end, things always work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home