Monday, September 04, 2006

Project Photo #1

A few months ago I gave myself a small, simple project of compiling information and ideas about small businesses which I may have an interest in in Melbourne. The point? To assist me in my own small business endeavour later on. Here's Project Photo #1:

Business type: Japanese Restaurant
Name: Don Don
Location: Corner of Swanston and Lt Lonsdale Streets
Interior: Simple, worn, postered walls, orange paint.
Atmosphere: Rush, noisy, friendly staffs
Music: Alternative, funk
No. of staff(s): approx. 6 (incl. kitchen staffs)
Menu: 7 main dishes, sushi, miso soup, 3-4 different variety of beverages, free tea
Eat in/take away: Mostly takeaways
My favourites: Sashi Don, Dondon box and Chicken Curry Don
Busy hour: Lunch and sometimes dinner
Price range: AUD5.40 - 7.70
Copyable ideas: Limited menu selection = easy to manage, less preparation. Small shop size: easy to manage, cheap rent. Fast and cheap = Japanese fastfood.

8 Comments:

Blogger hwangus said...

Very interesting.. Do more! do more!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, interesting project. what that place benefits from above all else is its killer location, and the fact that it draws not only on the cbd lunch crowd, but also a huge student crowd from surrounding unis and schools..

5:35 PM  
Blogger hwangus said...

Plus the affordable + very competitive price!

10:34 AM  
Blogger hwangus said...

Don Don actually means 'fast' in Jap

10:35 AM  
Blogger John Ng said...

Dondon means fast? I see! Thanks for the info. My brother told me nowadays students are those who are more willing to spend money. So they are my target group.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>nowadays students are those who are more willing to spend money..

well..there's a clear prove by looking at you..hahah

4:56 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

I know... lucky I don't have a credit card, and I should stop going shopping with those who have haha.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=.= ... not funny~ haha

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home