Monday, July 03, 2006

A weekend in Sydney

Friday

Krispy Kreme, the King of the Donut Kingdom. The first thing Chan and I did was to get two dozens of the original glazed one.


You can never get enough of the good stuff? I bet to defer! No matter how much I love sweets and how much they love me back, comsuming 10 donuts in two days was just too much. In the end, we had 10 each and donated the last four to the cleaning lady.

After we checked in at a hotel somewhere near George Street, we went to have dinner at Wagamama. I highly recommend the Chicken Tama Rice. It has grilled chicken, mushrooms etc... Just so that you know, there is a newly-opened Wagamama at the corner of Flinders Lane and Exhibition Street, Melbourne.

After dinner, we went to watch the 9:20pm Superman Returns. Superman Fashion Tip #1 - Transform yourself from being 'just a guy' to someone 'everyone needs in their lives' simply by not wearing specticles and get a chin implant.

Saturday

When I woke up around 9 something, I received a day-ruining sms from Darren saying - 'How did Sugiyama do it!?' I sent a sms back asking what happened. I didn't get the chance to watch any tennis on Friday night because of the movie so I didn't know what happened in the Sugiyama match. Nor did I know that she was playing Hingis. However, since it is Darren's aim in life to make me sad and cry, and he knows that I like, love and adore Hingis, so I kinda guessed Hingis must had lost to Sugiyama. Even so, having it confirmed in his next sms was just as depressing as if I found out the news myself. Basically, I was so shocked and moody after that I was sorry that Chan had to be around me.

Anyhow, remember how I said having a good haircut is a great mood enhancer? Did you know that shopping has the same effect? We saw this MUST HAVE brown grandpa rectangular travel case by Adidas but it's $900!


We found Kate Moss' favourite Demeter Tomato frangrance. I got one in Devils Food scent and Chan got one in Tomato and one in Grass. I got one and Chan got two, how uncommon (note sarcasm). For example, last week I got ONE cute Aussiebum underwear I mentioned a while back:

and he got... umm FIVE!

Anyway, we had dinner twice that night! At this Taiwanese restaurant in Chinatown, we had minced beef that tasted like durian and dumplings that tasted like salty rubbers. So we decided to stop by at KFC on the way back to the hotel. Around 12am we went to check out a nearby club, MS. Did you know, for some reason, clubs in Sydney have poker machines!? On the way there, I ran into my friend Yap Yong Kiat from Malaysia whom I hadn't seen for 2-3 years. We have known each other since we were 7 years old. He came to Sydney to study 4 years ago I think. We were going to catch up for coffee and stuff, but I was only there for a few days and couldn't find the time. Next time, I promise.

Sunday

On Sunday, we went to the CQ, Opera House and Darling harbour to take some photos.

Then I had the most expensive fish and chips I ever had in my life.

After lunch, we went to Kinokuniya and I bought a book called 'In the miso soup' by Ryu Murakami (translated by Ralph McCathy).

Photo from Amazon.

I spent the entire afternoon reading it. It's really an interesting read! Just to get you as excited as I am, near the end of Chapter 2, the murderer asked the main character to penetrate a dead woman's vagina. He refused and the murderer used an ear he cut off off another victim and pushed it into the dead woman's vagina. The ear got stucked half way because she was wearing a tampon. HA!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those donuts look great - do they have them in melbourne?? can i please say in my defence, to anyone reading this blog, that it's NOT my aim in life to make johnnie cry!! :) i assumed he would have either watched the match, or monitored the live scores. i feel terrible that i spoiled his day like that..

6:32 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

Yeah I was just teasing you... Darren is a nice guy who likes doing not-nice things, that's all ~ ha. I think they just opened a KK in a jungle suburb in Melbourne... Narren something?

7:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and I heard you still have to wait (to get KK) for half an hour, 5am in the morning, during afternoons, you should wait 2 hours, I rather just eat sugar syrup at home! btw, hope you had fun in sydney

4:35 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:22 AM  
Blogger John Ng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:24 AM  
Blogger John Ng said...

Yeah, and I read some dude bought like 10 dozens or something at once ~ KK madness. Syd was fun. Now I know why its the capital of Aus... oh no, Canberra is ~ sigh

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home