Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lucky me

While I blog surfed a few days ago, I came across this extremely emotional, and at the same time, disturbing blog. The blog was written in the form of a letter addressed to the writer's father. Here's a few lines from that blog:

'Dear Dad,

... you must understand the feelings I have when you sleep with my closest of friends... [DISTURBING]

... I remember when I was a 10 year old boy, I saw mom lying lifeless in that wooden case before she was put under a pile of earth, and I remember the look of indifference on your face as though all this didn't mean anything to you... [EMOTIONAL #1]

... you gave him [father's boyfriend] all the repect, attention and love you never gave mom, and you told me at the age of 8 that I held you backfrom pursuing your "ideal lifestyle"... [EMOTIONAL #2]

... you don't want me to finance you when I graduate, and I take great comfort in that. At least I'll have spare cash to splurge on Prada. [Well I can understand why. This season Prada produced an amazing collection.]

Yours truly,
A son who doesn't acknowledge your existance.' - From Justme.

I am grateful that my parents are still happily married and more importantly, not gay. My dad is the one and only 'yes man' who thinks that yes means yes, no means yes and not really means yeah sure. The closest thing to a no I've ever heard from him was, 'I'll let you know tomorrow.' Of course, he then conveniently forgets to call you back. When you try to call him few days later, surprise surprise he says he lost his mobile, which reappeared 2 weeks later in the pocket of his work-shirt! Well, if you were my dad, you would do that same I think.

My mom is a housewife/driver/office lady/office boy. She is the one and only warm-blooded robot. Since we stopped hiring indo-maid when we finally understand the importance of respecting human rights and equality (...when we moved to a 3-bedroom Condominium), I haven't notice any difference with regard to the household chores and maintenance. I think that's because my mom is now our part-time maid. I don't intend to use the term 'maid' with disrespect, but my dad actually has to pay my mom to clean the condo and do the laundry; cooking cost extra.

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY! If Kate Moss and my parents fell off a boat and I have to choose to save either one of them, I would go to the lifeguard for help because I can only swim when my feet are able to reach the ground.

Ps. Prada Spring 2007 collection is out and looks like the Kate Moss inspired short shorts are 'IN'.


Prada. Photos from Men.Style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home