Saturday, July 22, 2006

Troubled shopper

I have an addictive personality. It's not surprising I can't control myself. First it was piano. I own 90% of the entire Romantic period repertoire. After that, it was gambling. Tennis was next, and followed by gym. Now it's shopping.

Basically, there are two type of shoppers. There are those who buy what they can afford, and then there are those who shop until they are in debt. I am a combination of both. As an illustration, Chan and I went to South Yarra yesterday.

I think when you have to wear your friend's shirt and your sister's cardigan, it's a definite sign that you need to get new clothes. This picture was taken at a restaurant where we had bruch. I ordered a chicken burger. It was the best chicken burger I've ever tasted. Melt cheese, fresh chicken fillet, homemade sauce... yum~. Anyway, the first thing I bought was Mario Badescu's Seaweed Night Cream from Kit; something I could afford. Maria Badescu has a very thorough and effective skincare range at a reasonable price. I like its Seaweed Night Cream, Silver Powdwer and Lip Wax.

After that we went Dakota and I bought this Trovata shirt plus a flipflop; something I could barely afford. Dakota is still on Sale, up to 60% off! Oh and everything on the rack at Cactus Jam, QV is now 50% off! After spending an hour or so at South Yarra we came back to the city and went browsing at Myer. They have D&G at Myer now! I bought the D&G tee that I shouldn't have; something I couldn't afford. This seems to be the circle I go through everything I go (window) shopping. Argh ~ I need to find myself some cheaper addictions to get hooked on.

Random Facts

Recommendation: Hainanese Chicken Rice from Malaysian Oriental Wok at The Causeway to Little Collin Street.

Fact: Drugs don't just transform you from an ugly duckling into a swan. It also helps you rebuild a career.

Photo from Fashionologie. Kate Moss in LV's 2006 Fall campaign.

My favourite song at the moment: Faster Kill Pussycat by Oakenfold featuring Brittany Murphy, Hip Hop Mix.

Book I plan to read next: Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger.

New look: I totally dig this military look - Justine TImberlake.


Photo from Style.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

gosh! you look like you put on some makeup!

9:16 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

Yeah I know! So pale... Summer, come back!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is, it's a good thing you don't have a credit card (yet - god help you when you do!). What was the name of the place you had the chicken burger?

7:00 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

Can't remember its name. It's right next to Jam Factory.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of timbalake, check out this link (you think kate moss has undergone a transformation! hehe):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1x-Uu4YygA&search=christina%20aguilera%20MMC

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home