Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I need D&G

I'm cognisant of the fact that people in this world depend on each other to survive. For instance, I need D&G to manufacture more of those floral underwears as much as D&G needs my money to produce more of them. Another example, you need the company of your friend as much as s/he needs your company. Even so, I've never thought that the breadth of such dependancy on another person can be so substantial.

You know, I always say that no one need another person to live. That conception may not be infallible after all.

As you know, Chan left today after having stayed here for about 5 or so weeks. We hung out 24/7 during the time he was here. Good or bad, we kind of got used to each other. Days were planned in accordance to what we wanted to do. This afternoon was the first time since weeks that I came back to a vacanted home. I felt depressed and afraid; something I hate to admit to but it's true.

Now I understand why people get married. It may be because married couples want their relationships legally and socially recognised but, I think, the paramount reason may be because deep inside, they need certainty that their partner will be waiting for them when they get home from work each day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a nice post.. well expressed too.

11:39 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

Thanks Darren. But now I read back, kinda embarrassed I posted it! It's more 'Dear real diary' (aka Jerry Blank's diary) stuff... rather than for an online blog. Haha

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jushie said...

I.e. companionship.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home