Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kuala Lumpur

Photo from Wikipedia.

I'd finally booked my one-way ticket back to Kuala Lumpur. After more than 10 years of living in Melbourne, I decided to return to my home country soon after my last and final exam.

When I was 13 years old, I was desperate to fulfill my childhood's dream of living as far away from my family as possible. There were a few options available at that time. First, there was the option of boarding school, which I refused because when I said 'far', I wanted it to be really 'far'. Second, I could study and live in Singapore with my aunt and cousins. I remember I didn't mind that idea, but somehow it didn't work out. And then there was Melbourne - where I spent 3 years living with my uncle, 3 years with my elder brother and now with my younger sister.

Honestly, I'm eager to return to KL. It's a great city. It's one of many places in Asia where domestic slavery is legal. It's super safe for people with money as it has the lowest average crime rate as bribery is not unlawful if it is asked for by the law enforcement officials. I believe it's the only place (maybe also in Thailand) where AUD3 could get you full 3-course meal or a foreign prostitute.

I'm going to miss Melbourne, but I'd miss KL more if I don't go back.

5 Comments:

Blogger hwangus said...

Far out..... you make KL sound like some heaven

8:28 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

If heaven is like paradise, then maybe KL is like heaven hahaa.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont leave us all alone in Melbourne who else will get totally blind drunk before we even get to a club or party?

2:04 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

who else? I can think of so many out of the top of my head - i.e. YOU~!?!? Haha

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Stopover in KL, hmmm?
I wonder?
Now Bangkok, well, there's excitement for yah, but KL?

Isn't a little the similar to the differences between the USA and it's neighbour, Canada?

It all depends on what's available, where and when.

A bit like fishing really, you really needs to know wheres to sling ones hook!

A Stopover in KL and the ones that got away!

A Stopover in Bangkok and catch more than you expect!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home