Thursday, September 28, 2006

Current status: Sunburned

Restless and on holiday, I gave my local tanning saloon a brief (8 minutes to be exact) visit today. So there is still no cure for skin cancer, no antidoke; there's no way that I'll be pale this Spring/Summer. Blame it on the D&G models, blame it on the Dsquared catalog - but I have to have my tan!

There are reasons behind every action, and I have my reason for wanting to be tanned. The popular connotation of narcissim is appealing and I intend to adopt it as the basis of my argument. With an easy to tan but also easy to overtan skin, I've decidde on a tan that doesn't spell Donatella Versace. A warm medium brown tinted skin that projects an illusion of a male version of Gisele is ideal.

Aneroxia, comestic surgery and the ilk - fashion trends have never been kind. But I know sunburn doesn't last forever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tanning lamps have at least 8 times the level of carcinogenic UV rays compared with natural sunlight.. Melanoma, premature aging, sun spots.. Someone's gotta stop comparing himself to models in magazines before the consequences are fatal! :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

So you mean it's better to tan with natural sunlight? But I want to be tanned BEFORE I flash any skin out in the public...

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home