Saturday, September 16, 2006

A day of over-exercising

I'm exhausted! After an hour and a half of gym, I went to play 2 hours of tennis with Darren, Wilson and Jia. The last time I played tennis was about 5 months ago so it was good to have a hit again. Jia was playing for the first time and I think it won't be long before she starts blazing powerful groundstrokes off both sides. All she needs is a knowledgable coach, like ~ ahem, me me me and me!

This is Wilson, preparing his favourite slide backhand.

And this is Darren, Dazza, Biatch, Seles...

I need to remember to add more spins on the groundstrokes, slow down my swing and play with controlled power next time. I think I was trying to hit a flat, off-forehand in this picture .

Yep, bend your knees and accelerate your racket head from under the ball to put topspin on your shot. I have the tendency to speed up my racket head too much and too early and thus, loses control of my shot.

Ahh I also need to remember to take baby steps and then 'step in' when I hit my backhand.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice clear shots, I want that camera! :) i notice you chose dynamic action shots for yourself, whereas in mine, for instance, I'm standing there looking slightly.. retarded. i KNOW what you'll say in response - camera doesn't lie etc etc hehe

11:42 AM  
Blogger John Ng said...

Oh yeah, I missed that... 'darren, dazza, biatch, seles and retard' haha. Anyway, I didn't choose those pictures, I only posted what was sent to me.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fair enough, i wouldn't want to sound vain for anything :)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home