Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Working life

If there are 48 hours in a day, I might then be able to get half the things I want done in time. Being organised is one of my personal strengths. But when there's only sooo much time you're willing to spend on work, and there are soooooooooooo many other things you want to do, to find a balance between them can be quite a challenging task. HOW DOES KATE MOSS DO IT!!!? Is it through the use of power-enhancing drugs? Having a manager? Personal assistant? Or the I'm-so-rich-I-don't-give-a-damn-if-I'm-unemployed attitute?

My own way of dealing with over-workloading is to mortgage my soul to Satan. No right-minded 20 something year-old person would give a rats about after-death anyway. And things are already looking up. Last week, I was offered a full-time job. The preparation for the half an hour long interview was time consuming. So was the gathering of documentations necessary upon accepting the offer. Going here and there. Using public transport.

And only moments ago, I emailed the freelance assignment that I'd been slaving away over the last weekend and this week to a big-ish publication company. It's a relief that it's done. One down. X-number more to go. I like to be pragmatic and remind myself that now that the article is out of my hand, whether or not they publish it, is no longer up to me. But frankly, this waiting game still gets me a bit edgy and moody at times.

I'll be going on a much needed overseas trip this weekend and start working when I come back. How exciting!?

Ps. I coincidently stumbled across my very first published article online today. I've been trying to find a hardcopy for a while without success. Click to view the article.


Pps. para. 4: "merely in search of..." rather than "merely in search for..." and "... just revelled..." instead of "just revel". Ummm need to be more careful with my editing next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Ng said...

Thanks tommy boy~!!!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home