Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Quick update

My journey into adulthood is surely very different from what I expected, albeit it's somewhat exciting. My parents think that I've been unproductive though. Maybe so. But I'm taking everything slowly right now. For Christ's sake, I've only been back for 2 months!

Since I graduated, I've sent out around 10 job applications, received 5 call-backs (2 law-related, 1 as a copywriter, 1 as an assistant editor and 1 as a staff writer), rejected 3 of them, attended an interview last week and going to another one this Friday. Initially, I was ambivalent about whether to work in the legal or editorial/writing field. Right now, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Oh, I've also had 4 hours of driving lessons already (need 20 hours altogether). Since Mini Cooper is outside my financial capacity, I'm thinking of getting either Hyundai Getz or Proton Savvy when I get my licence. Is it strange of me to want to get a manual car?

My stress level is under control.

Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger hwangus said...

Good luck buddy, I think you'll make an excellent writer.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting, sounds like you're really 'growing as a person' (ooh, gross).. good luck with the job hunting and the driving lessons :)

9:41 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

H: Thank you very much ;)

D: It's all fun as long as I don't "grow old"... I know what it's like when I met you and come face to face with the effect of aging hahahaha. Are you back in Melbourne or still in Europe btw?

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still in europe - at an exclusive clinic in the swiss mountains, having extensive cosmetic surgery.. just kidding. my god, if you think *I* look old, come to europe and get a look at the hideously wrinkled, gray faces - and i'm talking about the 20 year olds! :) off to koln (germany) tomorrow, and then paris at the end of next week.. if you're a good boy, i might get you a new french product to halt the effects of accelerated aging..

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jimmy 林 Jr said...

Aloha.. Hi john I’m wish u have a big luck in this year of piggy.. Is very hard to find a job before Chinese new year.. u should try to apply after CNY ba.. I pass by ur profile in friendster saw u do blogging ya.. I’m enjoying reading your blog le. I love to read n I do blogging too.. Can I link your blogin my www.kyuzo83.blogspot.com? Hope can share our blog ya.. okie gotta stop naggin.. take care & see ya.. ciaoz.. xoxo..

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home