Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I love you-Tube

I love you, Youtube and the person/s who created it. It keeps people like me entertained on a boring weekend. While Youtube surfing, I came across a couple of MVs that I absolute adore.

1. Justin Timberlake - What goes around (comes around)


I'd never really been a Timberlake's fan, but this new single/MV changed everything. The song has a relaxed, funky beat, the MV is very 'outside the box' and Scarlett Johansson is very alluring. There is a lesson to be learned here. Cheaters beware.

2. Emilie Simon - Desert


This song isn't new, but I think it's still worth alerting it to people who haven't already know about it; or/and about Ms Simon. By the way, there's also an English version of this song. Love her voice, the unique MV, the big chair and the weirdness of concept and everything else.

3. Chara - Crazy for you


I'm usually not a big fan for animated MV. This one, however, is an exception. Despite her husky voice, everything is adorable - Bambi/s everywhere, the knitted garden, big chair, the very stylish shredded/faded red dress. Does this hallucination-provoking MV reminds you of the Etsu Meusy tee I blogged in March 06 under Late Night Recommendation?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out xtina aguilera's performance of 'it's a man's world' at the grammys 2007 - tell me what you think. i can't decide if it's fantastic or utter crap!!?
also, probably not really your style, but the dixie chicks' album that won 5 grammys is brilliant. check out the live performance of 'voices in my head' on AOL music sessions (youtube)..

11:24 PM  
Blogger John Ng said...

That Grammys performance's very Aguilera - solid performance, superman voice/technique but... as always, I don't like how she belted out those high-pitched notes. They were strong, but just didn't 'ring' (like Mariah's or Celine's) or 'properly projected' (like the healthy Whitney's). In fact, they sound like she's being raped by 10 guys and a lesbian everytime she hit those high notes. Maybe that's how she wanted to sound like. Geez, I sound like I know what I'm talking about, don't I? hahaa...

DCX's song is nice, but like you said, not really my style. I can listen to it, but I won't enjoy it.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home