Monday, March 13, 2006

Something about Martina, something about shoes


The first thing I do every morning is to go online and check the tennis score. Now that Martina Hingis is back in action, checking the tennis score is not just what I do, it's my purpose of waking up! She is playing great tennis. She won the Australian Open Mixed Double title this year, and also had victory against Maria Sharaprova, Anastasia Myskina and Svetlana Kuznetsova. Not mentioning her double bagel victory over Korean tennis star Cho Yoon-jeong in just 33 minutes in the Toray pan Pacific Open. Today she beat Jelena Jankovic 6-0 6-3 in the Pacific Life Open.

However, I come to suspect whether her smile is genuine when I saw the three photos (below) while looking through her photos on yahoo.com. Maybe she might be not that happy, friendly and always smiling person that everyone says she is. Maybe it is the shape of her skull that makes her look like she is smiling all the time.

Photo no.1: Why is she smiling while stretching for a ball?

Photo no. 2: Why does she smile like that while resting during a practice session? I don't even want to say anything about the racket.

Photo no.3: What is so funny about hitting a forehand?

If someone sees her in person one day and she happens to be smiling, please ask: ARE YOU SMILING OR DO YOU JUST LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SMILING RIGHT NOW?

Anyway, today I came across this Adidas website on style.com. It allows you to custom-made you own sneaker: http://www/adidas.com/adicolor. This website is a bit troublesome. You need to close all other windows before using and, it is difficult to use and apply the tools. If you are a Vans fan, go to this website: http://shop.vans.com/ (click on Full Collection under Custom Shoes) which I came across in a mag when I was back in KL.

Since we are on the topic of shoes, I might as well tell you that apparently high-top sneakers are back in the IN List:


Dior homme US$400. Photo from http://men.style.com/fashion/buy_now/high_top_sneakers/dior_homme

I believe that dressing well need not cost you a fortune. I am not saying this because I am poor, it is because I am not rich. So for those like me, instead of paying US$400 for a pair of Dior, buy a pair of Converse:

Converse US$40. Photo from http://www.converse.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home